According to your Asheville, NC, dentist, beautiful teeth can be obtained! Do you want pearly white teeth that are properly shaped and aligned? If want to improve the appearance of your smile, maybe you'd like to try porcelain!
Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain covers cemented to the exterior surface of your teeth. They are strong and don't stain like natural tooth enamel. Your doctor actually removes some enamel off the surface of your natural teeth before bonding the veneers. This part of the procedure nonreversible, but aligns veneers with the rest of your natural teeth.
In recent years, technology has created veneers thin enough to be placed on existing tooth surface. The natural-looking restoration improves many aesthetic issues:
- Say goodbye to stained teeth: Teeth stain over time. It results from drinking coffee and tea, eating staining foods like blueberries, smoking or chewing tobacco, or old age.
- Don't deal with peculiarly shaped and abnormally sized teeth: Teeth-grinding, everyday wear and tear, or naturally pegged teeth are hidden when you use veneers that are shaped the way you want: squarer, rounder, smaller, or taller.
- Eliminate too much space between teeth: Your Asheville dentist uses veneers to close small gaps between teeth and can even correct slight alignment issues.
Caring for Veneers
It's important to take care of your veneers:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris.
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Minimize the amount of coffee and tea you drink.
- Cutdown on the amount dental-staining food you may be eating, such as blueberries.
- Get fluoride treatment to prevent issues like gum disease, cavities, and tooth decay.
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, and drink fluoride-containing water.
- Get professional dental cleanings every six months to remove hardened plaque.
- Visit your Asheville dentist twice a year for regular checkups.
Want to learn more about veneers? Call our Asheville, NC, office at (828) 665-1111 for more information!